Values-Aligned & Impact Investing
For clients who want to align their investments with their mission or values, Pathstone offers a complete portfolio solution.
We provide sustainable and impact investment strategies within public equity and fixed income, private equity and credit, and hedged equity and credit asset classes. Our investment advice is supported by comprehensive research and a strong due diligence process. In addition to a thorough financial analysis of potential investment strategies, we consider how asset managers consider material environmental and social risks, the quality of investment teams and processes, and the clarity and consistency of a manager’s stated strategy before making a recommendation and as part of our ongoing portfolio monitoring service.
At Pathstone, we continuously seek to enhance our analytics and reporting capabilities to provide clients with transparency and improve our ability to measure portfolio impact:
- Our innovative Access Impact Framework™ (AIF) allows for closer alignment of portfolios to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The AIF is underpinned by the concept of “access” to the products, services and systems necessary to achieve the SDGs. It highlights the interrelationships among the Goals and includes a “heat map” visualization of an investment strategy’s alignment to each of them.
- We apply a proprietary scoring methodology at the manager and benchmark levels to help clients understand how their portfolios fare according to key environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria. In addition to reviewing individual investment strategies at the granular portfolio level, Pathstone also measures intentionality at the manager level by surveying each investment firm as to their intentions, their actions, and their ESG integration and measurement of impact.
- Pathstone Portfolio Platform (P-Cubed™) is our proprietary investment execution methodology. It allows investors to hold diverse investments with customization and cost advantages in a single account. P-Cubed™ combines rigorous manager selection with the ability to achieve meaningful impact and the transparency provided by our ESG scoring. It provides clients with solutions for Management & Value Alignment, Directed Proxy Voting, Shareholder Engagement, and Comprehensive Reporting.
We also view active engagement and shareholder advocacy as a core component of impact investing. We believe that clients, as asset owners, should have the opportunity to raise their voices on issues of concern, both with managers and portfolio investments. Pathstone supports clients through this process.
- Investment Policy Statement that incorporates impact goals along with traditional criteria
- Comprehensive manager due diligence, selection, monitoring and reporting
- Multi-Tiered ESG Scoring at the strategy, asset class and portfolio level
- Impact investment solutions across asset classes
- Access to the Pathstone Portfolio Platform (P-Cubed™)
- Provides customized reporting, including ESG and impact scoring across the entire portfolio
- Increases ability to incorporate portfolio screens
- Integrates directed proxy voting
- Allows investors to hold diverse investments in a single account, lowering costs and improving efficiencies
- Impact reporting via the Access Impact Framework, which illustrates portfolio alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Shareholder engagement facilitation
- Access to Thought Leadership
- Custom education on impact investing
Let us demonstrate how we can add value
Tell Us About You
In order to demonstrate how Pathstone can add measurable value to your specific circumstances, we have developed a methodology we call our Pathforward Process. To begin, first help us understand you and your needs.