1. Individual Financial Wellness
- Determine the financial resources you currently have. Social, demographic, and psychological factors can significantly influence your perceived well-being. But, as Dr. Henry Cloud says in his book Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality, reality is always your friend. The reason is almost a truism: everything else is a fantasy.
- Develop a growth mindset in the areas you can change, such as your education, income, literacy, and socialization, with the support of your financial advisor. Be willing to have objective and subjective conversations about your personal financial challenges.
- Believe in your desired outcome to receive the one you desire! Your money attitudes directly affect who you are with the money you have, maintain, or gain.
- Identify how your immediate surroundings affect your financial wellness. Your family’s structure can be a catalyst or inhibitor towards your financial health.
- Share your responsibility and collaborate. Servicing companies are created to alleviate your daily stressors to meet your needs. Childcare, senior care, and housekeeping tasks are more manageable when you activate teams of people to work with you towards your goal.
- Discuss with your financial advisors how to better prepare your budget for maternity, child, and elderly expenses. Motherhood, fatherhood, and caregiving roles are essential relationships. Welcome this assistance with your ability to manage your finances.
- Examine how a broader environment limits or expands your financial wellness. Your work and career, as well as the institutional and cultural practices of our society, facilitate our decisions.
- Take part in initiatives to meet your financial needs. Pathstone’s HerPath committee is only one example of many! The committee’s goal is to make financial matters less daunting to women and encourage them to be more involved in their finances. Money Stories and their impact on financial health will be the subject of our next webinar that you will want to attend on Thursday, October 28 at 9:00 am PST!
- Continue to utilize the resources being created for you. Our high-touch and high-tech environment simplifies data collection, program development, and initiatives to meet our clients’ and team’s financial needs. Pathstone frequently primes strategies in our ever-changing society to provide services to manage your wealth with dedication, integrity, and compassion.
Please see the PDF version of this article for important citations and disclosures.